EQuick is a streamlined, ultramodern EQ built to help you make your mixes magnificent. Fast, intuitive and unbelievably flexible, we've packed it with digital functionality.
We built its beautiful, clear graph with accessibility and efficiency in mind, and it'll refine your workflow forever; but don't take our word for it - test the claim and download the demo!
Another powerful and well-thought-out mixing tool from DMGAudio, putting a different spin on EQuality's proven sound.
When I'm in the middle of writing a track, I don't want to fool with 35 different controls for every frequency. I want to make an adjustment and move on. EQuick is perfect for my workflow: easy to use, stunning good looks, and it does exactly what it says on the tin.
- Unbelievably low CPU usage for high instance counts.
- Generates super-high-quality prototypes. Clear undistorted top.
- Linear phase mode for mastering and special channels
- 32 bands of EQ, Q 0.1 -> 50, +/-36dB range
- Each band can be Peak, HPF, LPF, High Shelf, Low Shelf or Notch
- Each bank can process Mid, Side or the full stereo image
- Fully parametric filters (high and low-pass), 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48db/oct
- Five different UI sizes.
- M/S processing per-band with listen.
- Windows VST, VST3 and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit.
- Mac VST, VST3, AU and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit.
- Bells and notches, with a +/-36dB range, and a Q range from 0.1 to 50.
- Shelves which let you move the resonance above or below the curve.
- Filters at 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48 db/octave, sweepable resonance.
- Beautiful, clutter-free modern interface.
- Big, clear, antialiased graph
- Hi-res Spectrum analyser
- Range, to scale the EQ response, both +ve and -ve.
- Frequency shift, to allow you to retune the response
- Large, configurable spectrum-analyser with readout
- Control linking to move sets of bands together.
- Configurable VU, with variable ballistics
- 8 banks of A/B
- Full preset management system
- Autolisten mode, for quick finding/adjustment of frequencies
Windows System Requirements
- Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
- 32bit or 64bit
- ProTools 7 or newer.
- A host that supports VST or VST3, such as:
- Steinberg Cubase
- Steinberg Nuendo
- Steinberg Wavelab
- Sony ACID Pro
- Ableton Live
- Cockos Reaper
- Magix Sequoia
- Magix Samplitude
Mac OS System Requirements
- OS X 10.5 or newer, including Sierra (10.12)
- Intel Mac
- ProTools 7 or newer.
- A host that supports VST, AU or VST3, such as:
- Apple Logic (32bit or 64bit)
- Apple Garageband
- Steinberg Cubase
- Steinberg Nuendo
- Ableton Live
Specifically not supported (might work, but I can't test/support these platforms): Windows 95/98, OS X 10.0,10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4
1.11 -> 1.12
- Fix 32bit Carbon UIs on OSX
1.10 -> 1.11
- Update AU validation.
- Allow all AUs to use Cocoa UIs on 32bit mac.
- Improve speed of session recall for AUs.
- Fix mousewheel on 2nd screens.
1.09 -> 1.10
- Fix bug with AAX automation whereby discrete parameters could jump.
- Fix bug with mousewheel on windows to left of main screen on windows.
- Improve determinism of automation when rendering.
- Improve handling of OS load dialog for presets.
- Improvements for latency reporting both realtime and offline.
1.08 -> 1.09
- Fix bug with A/B in AAX.
- Fix AAX level meters.
1.07 -> 1.08
- Tidying and optimisation.
- Reduce saved preset sizes further.
- Fix crashes with undo/redo.
- Fixes for Sonar.
- Fix automation of discrete parameters for PT11 AAX.
- Fix samplerate issues in Wavelab for VST3.
- Remove AAX GR meter.
1.06 -> 1.07
- Fix bug affecting reloading of settings
- Fix issues with Windows 32bit AAX and ProTools 10
1.05 -> 1.06
- Fix "node stuck at top of graph" bug.
- Fix black-screen bug.
- Fix obscure race-condition bug.
- Fix obscure crash bug related to Analyser usage.
- Versioning display for binaries.
- Significant reduction in load/save times.
- All-round optimisation and tidying.
- Ceased support for 10.4 and PPC. 10.5/Intel now required.
- Improvements for RTAS versions.
- Fix samplerate related issues for AU.
- Improvements for AAX Automation.
- Improvements for redraw strategy on OSX.
- Improvements for UIs for AU+Cocoa.
- Fix mousewheel handling on Windows.
- Fix UI resizing in Live 9 Mac.
- Fix crash when closing UI for Cocoa AUs
- Move Windows presets to My Documents to improve Win7/8 usage.
- Added warning box if file save/load fails.
1.04 -> 1.05
- Fix fiddly textboxes in Logic
- Improve RTAS resizing
- AAX improvements
- Fix "stuck band" bug.
- AAX2.0 and PT11 compatibility.
1.03 -> 1.04
- Fix mousewheel handling bug
- Fix bug that could cause pops when automated
- Added preference: Band-Q follows Zoom
- Added preference: Configure right-click as Invert/Bypass/None
- Tidy up automation handling
- Improve mousewheel and autolisten
- Added preference: Sticky selection, to retain selected bands, rather than allow dragging
- Added preference: Control+Mousewheel behaviour (adjust gain/freq)
- Added preference: Larger EQ band dots
- AAX-AudioSuite Enabled
- Fix samplerate handling for VST3 in StudioOne
- Reduce CPU usage when automated in Reaper
- AAX enable click-thru - prevents first click from being absorbed when UI is opened
- AAX Bypass mechanism reworked to match RTAS version
1.02 -> 1.03
- AAX version included
- Tweaks for stability
- VST3 Automation improvements
- Mac builds and Installers optimised and signed
- Massive optimise for reload of presets.
- Fix click-thru menubar bug
- Fix reset-to-previous after resetting to default bug.
- Recalibrate VU meter
- Make graph textboxes usable to engage automation in ProTools.
1.01 -> 1.02
- Fixed memory leak
- Fixed potential crash in UI
- Massive improvements to CPU usage with UI redraw/animation
- Fix focus stealing bug on windows
- Fix UI crash on mac
- Invalid text entry returns controls to default values.
- Fix "stuck-on" clip light in ProTools HD
- Fix Win+Ctrl click for Windows ProTools
- Fix AudioSuite redraw for Windows ProTools
- Presets are compressed to dramatically reduce session sizes (1/50th)
- Fix tooltips and hover in ProTools
- Fix UI resizing in ProTools
- ProTools pagetable
- New pref: Band colour by number
- New pref: Mousewheel zoom disable
1.00 -> 1.01
- Fixed textbox display, ProTools Mac RTAS.
- Fix crash when switching between DMGAudio plugins in ProTools using header menu.
- Fixed obscure potential crash bug.
- VST3 versions support presets.
- Fixed bug whereby host redraw would slow down when UI was open.
- Improved AudioSuite metering and processing.
- Enable Windows ProTools automation menu.
- Fixed issues relating to window resizing in ProTools.
- Added A/B Automation type preference.
- Always report zero latency when expired/hard bypassed.
- Fixed bug where saving filter with 48db/oct (entered numerically) reloads as 42db/oct.
- Fixed bug whereby analyser could hide high-frequency spikes.
- Exclude filters/notches when computing maximum gain while dragging.
- Ctrl+Alt+Click to delete all selected bands.
- Fix Band Type control in VST3.
- Added mousewheel-zoom to graph.
- Speed up mousewheel adjustment of filter slopes.
- Fixed Solo in Stereo Mode menu.
What EQ do you design after you've designed the ultimate EQ?
EQuality was a runaway success. For its users, it's made EQing and mixing a faster, easier and more enjoyable process.
So, for the next EQ design, we listened to our users, and those for whom something else was needed. EQuick is the result of that process.
We wanted to play with the idea of the interface; we wondered whether EQ could be made more intuitive, more direct, and how one would go about making an EQ that made the process even faster. EQuality speeds up your workflow because it sounds great, and you don't waste any time compensating for defects in what it does. For EQuick we wanted to delve deeper into the design of the interface. Perfection is when there's nothing more to take away, so we started by stripping down the interface to its most essential element - the graph. EQuick has nothing else. We had to work in all the controls (like Range and Shift) that made EQuality so special and we found that we could do that with the graph. Also, we took account of the fact that different people have different size screens - so you can pick your size for EQuick. But we couldn't do that at the expense of control, so we built the tooltip system that provides you will all the data you need, when you need it.
We're proud of EQuick. It's clean, clear, uncluttered and fun! We really hope you'll enjoy our modern vision of EQ for the future.